Wednesday, January 19, 2011

KPOP Korral - [T-ara] - Yayaya


T-ara (티아라) is a girl group formed by Mnet Media.  This is another one of those girl groups that debuted in the last year or so and their publicity team claims they trained for three years before releasing their first album.  You know... I watch these videos and I just don't understand how training for what they do could possibly take longer than three months.

T-ara first caught the attention of most people with their adorable costumes from live performances of Bo Peep.  In 2010 I posted their video for Crazy Because of You and named it one of the worst videos of 2010 for being impossible to watch with all its crazy camera cuts and zooms.

Their latest music video release is "Yayayay" (야야야).  I think it is a funny video because I am not native American and I do not take offense to this.  However, I could see how this song and video could be taken as culturally insensitive.  On the plus side I am hoping that native American fashion does catch on with Korean girls here and hopefully I'll be seeing more Indian head dresses on the streets.


There other more recent hit was "Why Are You Being Like This."  Eat Your Kimchi's break down of their videos was hilarious.  Given the titles of their songs, it does make T-ara look and sound like a bunch of psychotic stalker ex-girlfriends.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...