Sunday, January 9, 2011

Hitler Gets Replaced by an English Teaching Robot

I made this video in response to the new robot English teachers recently introduced in several Daegu public schools.  Many Koreans who oppose having native English speakers here in Korea are pushing for these robots and have hopes that they will replace native teachers.

I do agree that these robots could potentially be more cost effective than flying native speaking teachers to Korea.  They also might be useful in rural areas that can not attract or hold a native teacher, and they could be less intimidating for children to practice their English. However, I firmly believe the positives do not outweigh the negatives of replacing native teachers with cheaper robots.  The reasons are pretty numerous and I am sure this experiment in gratuitous technology will never yield the desired results.  The value of face to face human interaction will never be replaced or duplicated.

Six months ago I made a video about Hitler having to desk warm.  Now he has been replaced by one of these English teaching robots.  This is all meant to be a fun joke, and I intend no disrespect towards Korea.  The public school system here is fantastic and I love my job.  Korea is an awesome place to live and work.

If you embed this video elsewhere, please give me a link back to this post so it remains the top search item.  Thanks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was lol-ing ... I was worried that it wouldn't be as funny as the deskwarming one, but it didn't disappoint! Excellent job!

Elle said...

Hi, just wanted to let you know that I've afinally added your blog. Feel free to add mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...